NUFFNANG

Thursday 5 September 2013

hahahahhhh..interesting...very interesting ...Has OSTB (outsyed the box) Burnt Bridges With Najib Administration?

Has OSTB Burnt Bridges With Najib Administration?

Rocky wrote this today about me here 

'Syed Akbar Ali, who may or may not have burned his bridges with the Najib Razak administration, wrote two damning postings on Pemandu in the last few days..'

Well to burn them you must first have the bridges.  I dont have any bridges with the PM's office. So I CANNOT be burning any bridges.  

And nope depa tak jemput saya ke rumah PM for Hari Raya ke apa pun.  Meeting Bloggers di Janda Baik (6-8 September 2013) pun saya tak dijemput.  So I dont have any bridges to burn pun. 

I am just a lone Blogger. Nak kata tahap kuci-rat pun belum lagi. 

I am no arsonist either - I dont go around burning things or looking for things to burn.  In the past my friends and I (even from before blogging began) have been involved in fighting fires. In the 90s and early 2000s we fought many fires.  

We never set any fires. We went around dousing the fires. Those were fun and exciting times. 

At that time we used what I call the 'Claymore mine' concept. This only works when everyone is on the same page. Here is a picture of a Claymore mine :


"The M18 Claymore mine is a remotely-detonated anti-personnel mine used by the US military. The mine consists of 700 steel ball-bearings behind a C-4 charge. When detonated, the mine fires the ball bearings out in a forward-directed fan pattern 6.5 feet tall, 50 meters wide, with an effective range of 50 meters, though the bearings can travel as far as 250 meters."

This was a very effective weapon and was also used by our troops when they were fighting the Communist terrorists.  To me the most important thing about the Claymore Mine are the words that you can see in the picture above : "Front Toward Enemy".  

You had to place the Claymore mine facing the correct direction - front facing the enemy. If you placed it wrongly - facing you instead, it would be disastrous. 

This means you must be very clear who is the enemy and where the enemy is located. 

Please dont mistake your friends for enemies and shoot them.  Most clearly I am NOT the enemy.

And no the Prime Minister is also NOT the enemy

But, in the heat of the battle, the PM can get misled or not get the right information. This can cause massive damage because the PM is ultimately the Commander In Chief who gives all the orders.  

(Yes I know - the same argument applies to me but as I said I am just one Blogger.  Nak compare saya dengan PM punya power?? Are you crazy?)

Before under Tun Dr Mahathir all of us knew so clearly who were our friends and who were NOT our friends. It was much easier to determine "Front Toward Enemy".  

 I have believed in the perjuangan - just like many of you - for a long time.  

I have been involved - also like many of you - with active involvement carrying out the perjuangan for a very long time. About 25 years to be exact - since 1988. 

I know there are tens of thousands of people who have been involved for even longer. My respect and regard to all of them.

I have old time UMNO friends and new friends with whom I have worked, mostly discreetly, for quite some time. They know who I am and I know who they are. Many are old and some have passed on. 

Fortunately or not, rightly or not Blogging has pushed everything to the front. It is faster, much much faster. I think it is also more effective. What took months to achieve can now be done in seconds. The cost is it puts me in the firing line. 

Over the years it has been fun and exciting to participate and to help. We always believed and still believe that we have been fighting for a good cause. 

And like many of you - we dont want to see all that effort and our struggle just go to waste. So please dont accuse me of being the enemy. That is totally out of place and incorrect.

But the PM is the PM. As the song says, 'PM untuk semua' is really relevant.

The PM's post is a very serious job. In still "developing" countries like ours, our entire fate depends on what the PM does. The PM cannot be a merajuk person.  The PM absolutely cannot merajuk at all. 

The citizenry - me included - has the absolute right to voice our opinions and views about the PM. Choice of words is really besides the point. OK lah thank you for the advise. All points noted.

No I have not burnt my bridges with the PM.  I do hope that the PM will get the opportunity to read what I say and also what many of the commenters here say. 

This is not a popularity contest. Nor is it a one upmanship contest where we try to outdo each other. As I said serious issues are at stake. The country is not there yet. We have not arrived there yet.  

The KD Malaysia, our Ship of State has to be steered carefully through icebergs, hidden dangers and shark infested waters. Plus there are always storms brewing.

We need to keep a tight ship. Everything has to be carefully tied down or battened down. The ship has to be scrubbed, painted and polished to keep the rust away.  

I hope our Commander In Chief will read this and listen carefully. We must all be clear about where is "Front Toward Enemy".  Jangan tersasar tembakan kita.

No comments: