NUFFNANG

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Nik Aziz - Ibrahim spat gets worse

Nik Aziz - Ibrahim spat gets worse

Quarrel could create physical tension between supporters
Tuesday, September 29th, 2009 06:12:00

Nik Aziz & Ibrahim
THE verbal spat between Kelantan Menteri Besar Datuk Nik Aziz Nik Mat and Pasir Mas MP Datuk Paduka Ibrahim Ali has taken a new twist.

Red paint was splashed on Ibrahim's posters in Pasir Mas town and at the State stadium. The posters were to invite constituents and members of the public to Ibrahim's open house. This is the second time paint has been splashed on his posters.

The first incident occurred few months ago at his office in Pasir Mas.

Calling on PAS members not to be emotional, Ibrahim said they should not make the verbal quarrel into something that could create physical tension between his supporters and Nik Aziz.

“PAS members should not get worked up over the spat between Nik Aziz and I,” he said. “My fear is such actions may not be good and benefi cial for either side. As for my supporters, I have told them not to react over such matters. I told my supporters to just lodge police reports,” he said.

Ibrahim said Nik Aziz should not get overly emotional over his comments on PAS or on other matters. He said he would speak on anything that he deemed as not right or needed improvement.

He added that he had spoken against Umno and other parties too but leaders of those parties were not as emotional as Nik Aziz.

“As an Independent MP, it is my right to speak on anything I see needs improvement or is not right. Nik Aziz should have more patience compared to others given his background as a religious leader.

“Nik Aziz challenged me to vacate my seat and recontest. He should not have dared me if he knows the law that an MP or assemblyman would be barred from contesting for the next fi ve years if he or she resigned
just to allow for a by-election.

“If Nik Aziz is serious in wanting me to prove whether I have the support or not, then he should ask his assemblyman for Tendong, one of the three State seats under Pasir Mas parliamentary constituency, to vacate the seat.

“Then I will contest there and he can put up his man. We will see whether I truly have support or not.

“Otherwise, he should keep quiet and wait for the next general election which is about two years away,” he said.


source : mmail.com.my

No comments: