be outstanding... unleashed your power within...the power to shape your destiny...
Monday, 3 March 2014
BRIM - che det
TOTAL VISITORS FROM 2008:
1. I am amused by the remarks of a Minister that the refusal by 17,000 people in
Ipoh to accept the BRIM handout is a mark of their maturity.
2. Actually quite a few people said to me that BRIM is bribe especially when given
just before elections. It is the same as giving people placards to raise when you pass.
It does not really reflect their feelings or sentiments. Those feelings are better
expressed through the votes they cast. Their voting is what reflects their maturity.
Of course their feelings may be expressed more crudely.
3. Failure to understand public sentiments would be disastrous for politicians.
Self-delusion is even worse.
4. BRIM is costly for a Government facing deficits and shouldering huge debts. At
RM500/- per person for 7 million people it would cost the Government 3.5 billion
Ringgit. Increase that to RM1,200/- the cost would be 8.4 billion Ringgit. That is
a lot of money. Yet there is still a lot of very poor people in the country. Do we really
need BRIM. Even without BRIM there was good support by the people. If they
do not support it must be because they are not happy with something, maybe even
with BRIM. Find out what they are not happy with and you will know what you should do.
5. I am a supporter of the Government. I worked hard to help the party in the last
election. But I must admit that I disagree with quite a few things the government is
6. I will not say more.
Monday, March 03, 2014
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)