NUFFNANG

Tuesday 14 January 2020

Dr M: If PH presidential council wants me to go, I'll go now

Dr M: If PH presidential council wants me to go, I'll go now




KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad is ready to give up his post as head of government at any moment the Pakatan Harapan presidential council demands it.

"I think this will be decided by all four parties together, whether they want me to go or not to go.
"As far as I'm concerned, if they want me to go, I'll go now," Dr Mahathir told reporters after speaking at Bank Rakyat's Integrity Forum 2020 here on Tuesday (Jan 14).

Dr Mahathir said this in response to several PKR MPs proposing that he hand over the prime minister post to PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim in May this year.

Previously, Dr Mahathir had said that he will pass the baton to Anwar, but not before the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) which Malaysia will host in November this year.

The succession plan was agreed to by Pakatan before the 14th General Election in May 2018, which saw Pakatan becoming the governing coalition in Malaysia.

On whether he has decided on the new Education Minister or on the reshuffling of the Cabinet, Dr Mahathir said that a decision has yet to be made on both matters.

"I have not decided yet; I just became the acting minister of education for a short while.

"Reshuffling is not an easy task, because it's not only has to be accepted by me, but also the four parties in the coalition," he said.

source : thestar

No comments: